Almond Flour Keto Pancakes




Who doesn't love pancakes pancakes for breakfast, brunch... heck even dinner! I know I do. Unfortunately I can't indulge often because they go straight to my mid section! As much as I know carbs are not my friends, I love them so very much 😞. Consequently, I can on a constant mission to find tasty low carb alternatives. I know I'm not the only one looking so I figured I'll share with you all! 

Through trial and error, I've come up with my best version of keto friendly pancakes. These definitely do not sacrifice flavor. I feel the same satisfaction as when I eat regular pancakes, but no guilt. So let's get into it!

Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
4 large eggs
1/4 cup avocado oil
2 tsp almond extract
2 1/2 cups almond flour
4 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
2 teaspoons baking powder

butter or cooking spray for your pan or griddle. I also used squeeze bottles to dispense batter as uniformly as possible.

Preparation
  • Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy

  • Pour batter into squeeze bottles for easy and clean dispensing
                                                               
If you don't have squeeze bottles, use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop and spread batter in a circle
  • Heat your pan or griddle and coat lightly with butter or cooking spray
  • Using your squeeze bottle, squeeze out and spread batter into circles. The size is up to you
  • Cook until bubbles appear at the top of the pancakes, then carefully flip them over.
  • Cook until golden brown.
  • Repeat these steps until you've used up all of the batter
  • Serve warm with Keto Triple Berry Compôte
This batter can also be used for waffles.


Comments