Cheesy Almond Flour Biscuits

Since the beginning of the year I've changed my diet to mostly low carb and more recently I've gone keto! It's not difficult and I am seeing result........ but every once in a while, I get a craving for some carbs. Instead of going all out, I satisfy my cravings with low carb options like this Cheesy Almond Flour Biscuit below. 



Ingredients

2 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp pure sea salt
2 eggs (beaten)
2/3 cup melted butter (unsalted)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar
Method
  • Preheat oven to 350F, line baking sheet with parchment paper. (Spray with non-stick baking spray).
  • Combine all the dry ingredients (1, 2 & 3) in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the beaten eggs and 1/3 melted butter.
  • Add the shredded cheese and fold into the dough.
  • Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop the dough and use your hands to form round golf ball sized biscuits.
  • Line on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
  • After 15 minutes remove baking sheet from the oven and brush remaining butter on each of the biscuits. Place back in the over for 3 minutes or until it turns into a light golden color.
  • Cool then eat!
Serving size - 1 biscuit (11.5g carbs)

Comments

Post a Comment