Baked Red Snapper with Mango Salsa

Almost every fish eater I know loves red snapper. It's funny that I didn't know the correct name for this fish until I was an adult. Where I grew up, it was simple called "red fish"... oh well... you live, you learn right?!
In my grandmother's house Red Snapper was prepared mostly fried or court bouillon (Court Bouillon recipe here). I wanted to do something different yet retain that Caribbean flair. Click here for Mango Salsa recipe



Ingredients 
6 red snapper fillets
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp water
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 small lemon, cut into wedges

*Preheat oven to 425F

Preparation 

  • Rinse fish under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. 
  • In a small bowl combine lime juice and water; brush onto fish. 
  • In another small bowl combine all seasoning and rub unto fish fillets 
  • Place fish in a shallow baking pan and bake uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork 
  • Remove from oven and brush the fish with pan juices. 
  • Top with Mango Salsa and Serve!

Comments

  1. MOUTHWATERING!!! I love red snapper & mangos....this will be one of my cook meals for next week. i will keep you posted:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please do let me know how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment