All Natural Guava Nectar Drink

I rarely buy bottled or boxed juices at the store, because so many of them only have 15%, 20% or 30% juice!! Apart from water, what else is in the mix? Read the labels and I bet you DO NOT WANT the other stuff in the juice. When I do find a brand that has 100% juice I stick to it or I make my own.

Summer calls for tropical cold beverages and here is one that will take you to the Caribbean in just one sip. Grab a jug and a couple glasses...enjoy!





Ingredients
4 large guavas, peeled and diced
1 cup water
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp almond extract
Sugar (to taste)



Preparation
  • Place guava in a blender then pour in water and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
  • Place a sieve over a jug and pour juice into the sieve. Use a spoon or spatula to help press liquid through sieve. Discard seeds and any pulp.
  • (If it's too thick for your taste, you can definitely add a little more water.)
  • Add almond extract, sugar to taste and stir.
  • Serve over ice.


Comments

  1. My husband would love this drink. He's from a tropical country and loves natural drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since DH and I are going high raw this would be a great drink selection. Would this work with raw honey? I have never had guavas could you describe the taste? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can certainly use honey. I personally use brown sugar or honey regularly so I say go for it! Guavas when ripe are usually yellow on the outside with a thick nectar inside with tiny little seeds. The thick outer skin is edible and sweet as well. It has a natural sweetness with a little tartness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment