Toasted Garlic Green Beans

So I was never a fan of green beans for as long as I could remember... until I learned to cook it properly. I now know that I was turned off from green beans as a child because it was an overcooked, ugly green, soggy disaster. See how I make tasty green beans in less than 12 minutes!


Ingredients
1/2 lb green beans
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 gloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 cups sliced onions
 1/2 tsp ginger powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Large bowl of ice water


Preparation
  • Bring a pot of water to a boil
  • Cut off the ends of the green beans and place in pot for 2 minutes

Remove from heat and immediately shock green beans into bowl of ice water

In a skillet, heat oil and butter. Add ginger powder and stir to infuse oil .
Add garlic, onions and toast lightly then remove from pan and set aside.
Using tongs, transfer green beans from ice water and place in your skillet. Keep moving the beans around to ensure even cooking. 

Cook for 6 minutes then transfer to a serving platter and garnish with toasted garlic and onions.



Serve Hot and Enjoy!!

Comments