Curry Chicken Wings

Curry chicken is one of my go to dishes that will never EVER disappoint. I tend to switch up it depending on who I'm cooking for. I sometimes add coconut milk and I sometimes increase or decrease spiciness...again depending on who's going to be eating. The wing is my favorite part of the chicken, and I kid you not...If I am not not stopped, I will literally eat a whole pot of Curry Chicken Wings. Yes ALL 3 POUNDS!! 






Ingredients

3 lbs chicken wings
Salt to taste
2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tsp crushed ginger
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp allspice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, julienned
1 lb diced potatoes
water

Marinade chicken with salt, pepper, 1/2 tbsp garlic, ginger, Worcestershire sauce1 tbsp curry powder and allspice. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.

Preparation
  • In a dutch oven, heat oil then add bell peppers, onions and the other 1/2 tbsp of garlic. 
  • Saute till limp then spoon in the other 2 tbsp of curry powder. Continue stirring with a wooden spoon until mixture starts to thicken.
  • Add chicken and allow to brown on both sides. (about 5 minutes)

  • Stir in diced potatoes.
  • Pour in water to slightly cover the chicken and potatoes. Cover pan and let simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. 
  • Taste test and adjust SnP if necessary

Serve hot atop white rice.







Comments

  1. Trying this recipe tweaked it a little used chicken stock instead of water and I used a scotch bonnet to give 8th a little more heat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nita! Thanks for trying this recipe, I hope you enjoyed it. I use water instead of stock for lower sodium however using stock is quite fine. Hope you try out other recipes here!

      Delete
  2. Trying this recipe tweaked it a little bit used chicken stock instead of water and used a scotch bonnet for xtra heat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment