Tangerine Grilled Tuna

Last week I received a request for a recipe using super foods. I was excited about it because got my creative juices flowing and also assisted me in adding new recipe in my healthy eating arsenal. I wanted something that was tasty, light and refreshing. It also had to be something that anyone could make. Yesterday I really thought about it; I had all these ingredients floating in my head... yes I could literally see them floating in my mind's eye.. LOL. The best part is figuring out what tastes good with what. This is what I came up with.



Ingredients

  • 2 Tuna steaks
  • Watercress
  • 10 Cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 tsp olive oil (for drizzle)

For marinade

  • 2 oz tangerine juice
  • 2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp ground black peppercorn
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
For Tangerine Carrot Dressing
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp roasted garlic
  • 4 oz chopped red onions
  • 1 cup baby carrots
  • Juice of 1 tangerine
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation
  • Rinse tuna steaks under cold running water and set in a deep dish
  • In another mixing bowl, combing all ingredients for marinade and pour over tuna. Set in refrigerator for 1 hour
  • Place all ingredients for dressing in a food processor or blender and puree. That will yield about 9 oz of the dressing.
  • Take 2 tbsp of dressing and place in a mixing bowl. Place watercress and cherry tomatoes in the bowl and toss, coating well with dressing. Place in refrigerator to chill
  • Heat grill and spray with Pam grilling spray.
  • Lightly drizzle olive oil on tuna and place oiled side down on grill. Oil the upper side as well.

  • Grill for 6 minutes, then flip and grill for 6 minutes on the other side. Your steak should be cooked medium well using this time frame. If you prefer a more rare Tuna steak, cut time down to 4 minutes on each side.
Tuna tends to be dry so be careful not to overcook and you will have soft, moist and tasty results!!

To plate, place salad in the middle of the platter and place tuna atop the salad. Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. Nice to read that you don't overlook your fish like almost every Dominican seems to do lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me chuckle with that comment. I love fish! Thanks for your comments

      Delete
  2. Wow this site just amazes me - im also a Dominican with a passion for cooking. Whenever i see food i just get excited and wanna try out new dishes. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment