Sweet Ginger Pork Rib Roast

I wanted to cook something that was tasty, versatile and could last a couple days so I settled on a Pork Rib Roast. I had an idea on the flavors I wanted, something with a little sweetness and a hint of ginger. I did a quick scan of my pantry and everything I needed was right there. Tomorrow I think I'll make pulled pork with the leftovers... YUM!!!
(You will need a slow cooker for this recipe)

Sweet Ginger Pork Rib Roast


Ingredients
3lb pork rib roast
4 oz, red wine vinaigrette 
2 oz Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped red onions
1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
1 cup baby carrots
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tsp creole seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp honey mustard
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp vegetable oil


Preparation
  • Rinse meat under cool running water then place in a deep dish
  • Whisk together all seasoning and pour into marinade syringe. Inject marinade into the meat in as many areas as possible.

  • Pour remaining marinade over pork rib , place in your refrigerator and let marinate overnight.
  • Remove pork rib from marinade and place in a flat dish. Rub entire pork rib with brown sugar
  • Heat oil in a pan and place pork rib in the pan, fatty side down. Brown then careful flip and brown the other side. (approx. 7 minutes per side)


  • Place carrots, chopped onions and bell pepper at the bottom of your slow cooker and place pork rib on top.



  • Pour the marinade over your meat, cover and set your slow cooker on high for 4 hours, then switch to low for 1 hour. 
The pork rib should be so tender that it will easily come away from the bone. Don't forget to leave me your reviews once you've tried it!!

Finished Pork Rib Roast in Slow Cooker

Comments