Tilapia Court Bouillon

Growing up in the islands, fish was always in abundance. So much so that I hated fish! I used to cry when I would come home from school and see that it was fish for lunch... AGAIN! Fast forward to my early twenties when I moved to the US, fresh fish was not as easy to come by. I began craving  fish dishes, especially the court bouillon that my grandmother used to make with red fish. So here's my take on a Court Bouillon with Tilapia!



Ingredients
3 tilapia fillets
1 satchet goya sazon
1 small red onion,
1 small red bell pepper
1 small tomato, diced
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp lime juice
Adobo Season
Black pepper
1 tsp flour
1 tbsp vegetable oil

*preheat oven to 350F

Preparation

  • Season fish with adobo, black pepper, lime juice and sazon
  • Heat oil in a pan and sear tilapia; 1 minute on each side.

  • Remove from heat and place is a baking dish

  • In the same pan, saute onions, peppers, garlic and tomatoes
  • Pour remainder of lime juice sazon marinade to pan and bring to a boil.
  • Add flour to mixture and combine well
  • Pour 1/2 cup water and let simmer for 6 minutes.

  • Pour mixture over fish bake for 15 minutes.

Serve hot with your choice of rice, steamed vegetables or Cajun potatoes.

Comments

Post a Comment