Pistachio Muffins

I've had a love affair with Pistachio Muffins for a few years now. Every time I go home to visit my mom, I have get the pistachio muffins from Shoprite. Usually when I like something, I get the recipe and learn to make it myself. I'm not sure what took me so long this time but here it is. I love that green stuff!




Ingredients
1 1/3 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup pistachios, 1/2 finely chopped and 1/2 coarsely chopped
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely choppedPreheat the oven to 425 degrees and grease muffin pan.


  • Preparation

    • Combine the dry ingredients including the zest and finely chopped pistachios in a large bowl.
    • Cream the butter and sugar together on lowest setting on your mixer and beat eggs in one at a time until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and rum extracts.
    • Starting with about 1/3 of the dry mixture, alternately add part of the dry ingredients and the milk, briefly mixing after each addition. 
    • Scoop the batter into the prepared tin using an ice cream scoop. Sprinkle the tops with the coarsely chopped pistachios.
    • Place the muffins in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 375 degrees. Bake for 18 minutes or until the muffins test done.

    • After the muffins have cooled, remove them from the tins to cool on a wire rack.










  • Comments

    Post a Comment