Sweet Corn Potato Salad

I ended up doing this version of potato salad because I had no eggs and didn't realize it until I got back from the store. I could have done a plain potato salad, but who really wants that?! After a quick scan in the pantry, my eyes fell on the sweet corn. *Light bulb moment* I followed pretty much the same recipe as my Red Skin Potato Salad. I chose to grate the onions instead, to release a stronger flavor. I have another potato salad version in mind, but you're going to have to wait on that one. In the mean time enjoy this one right here!





Ingredients

2lbs potatoes
2 cups cooked whole kernel sweet corn
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp honey mustard
2 tbsp sweet relish
1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped
2 tbsp yellow onions, grated
1 tsp salt

Preparation

wash and dice potatoes put put to boil until tender. Pour in a colander to drain water and set aside to cool In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey mustard, sweet relish and sweet corn. Add chopped peppers and onions to mixture  and mix well  Pour in cooked potatoes into mixing bowl and using a wooden spoon  or spatula, mix well. Ensure that mayonnaise mixture even coats the potatoes. Refrigerate and serve chilled. Makes 8 servings. 




Comments