Sautéed Quinoa and Kale

This side has become a staple for me since I cut down on rice 4 months ago. Not only is it delicious side but you can also enjoy guilt free!





Ingredients
1 cup organic red quinoa
2 cups water
2 cups organic kale, chopped
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp adobo all purpose seasoning
A dash of smoked paprika

Preparation
  1. Place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
  2. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until all the water is absorbed. Approximately 15 minutes.
  3. Heat vegetable oil in a large pan and sauté garlic. Add kale and sauté until soft
  4. Add cooked quinoa to the pan and stir to combine the 2 ingredients.
  5. Sprinkle adobo and paprika and continue stirring for another 6 minutes on medium heat.

Comments

  1. Wow Val this looks so good! I have pretty much given up rice myself....I love quinoa. What type of fish is that? I love how you blended kale into the quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The fish was just pan seared salmon. I'm not sure why I'm only now seeing your comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment