Coconut Creole Conch

I was trying my best to reserve this recipe...but you know what? It's too good to be kept to myself! I don't make this dish often because conch can be a bit expensive at $14 PER POUND!! One has to be extra special for me to even think about whipping out the conch. It's a great appetizer and I really hope you guys try it and like it!




Ingredients
1 lb conch
2 tbsp lemon juice
Water
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 celery heart, chopped
2 tsp garlic, minced
2 tsp creole seasoning
1/2 tsp madras curry powder
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste


Preparation

  • Pound and tenderize conch using a mallets, then cut into bite size pieces and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups water, pour over conch and let sit for 30 minutes.
  • Pressure cook with 1 tsp garlic and paprika for 30 minutes. Turn off pressure cooker and make sure all the steam is emitted before opening. Remove conch and set aside in a platter.
  • Sauté pepper, garlic and celery in olive oil.
  • Stir in coconut milk, creole seasoning and curry powder and bring to a boil. (add salt to taste)
  • Add conch to pan and continue stirring for approximately 5 minutes
  • Turn off heat and serve hot


Comments

  1. Girl where have you been? Anyway, I like conch but it might not be at the fish market in Chicago, I will have to check, the next time on shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey ya!.. I moved last month so I've been doing a lot! Now getting back into a groove. I got my conch from the fish section in a latino store. Try a Bravo's if they have that chain in Chicago.

      Delete
  2. I just stumbled onto your site. It's lovely and I see a lot of my favourite foods posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love conch! Great recipe 😋

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment