Ginger Pepper-steak

This dish is perfect for the person who wants to eat a delicious home cooked meal but pressed for time. If you have 30 minutes, you have prepare this meal from start to finish  to eating.




Ingredients

1 lb steak strips
2 tsp Adobo con pimiento
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Merlot
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp fresh ground ginger
1 tsp garlic
1 cup water
1 cup onions, thinly sliced
2 bell peppers, julienned (use 2 different colors)

*Rinse steak strips in cool running water and lime juice, drain water

Preparation

  • Heat oil in pan and add steak strips. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until brown then remove from pan
  • Add Merlot, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. Stir until cornstarch has dissolved and there are no clumps in liquid.
  • Add water, stir then place steak strips back into pan
  • Stir in onion and pepper, lower heat, cover pan and simmer for about 15 minutes


Serve over rice or with steamed vegetables.

Comments

  1. I can make this if I get some lean steak strips and I can use the peppers from my garden. This is how my husband eats rice, always over a sauce. He can't understand how Americans eat plain rice LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your husband West Indian? Most West Indians I know (self included) cant eat plain rice. Gotta have something over it or mixed in ...LOL

      Delete
  2. He's from Cameroon, central west Africa. Cameroon has two official languages, English and French and my DH is French speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is from New Orleans and has to have rice with everything. He will not eat beans, veggies, etc without rice. He loves pepper steak...thanks for the recipe. I could make this and he could eat the meat and veggies. I can eat the veggies and rice. Could Merlot be substituted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use a sherry or a Zinfandel. If you're asking to nix the wine altogether, you certainly can but the wine gives a different level of flavor in my opinion.

      Delete

Post a Comment