Guava Glazed Salmon

Remember not too long ago I was a mango kick? Well now I'm on a guava binge. I suppose I'm just craving the flavors of my childhood in Dominica. I also want to take this opportunity to apologize to the land owners in Picard, Portsmouth(if y'all even know this blog exists). On weekends during guava season, I would pick bagfuls of guava off the land around the Picard River. I would make, guava cheese, guava jelly and really just eat as much as my stomach could take. Not until today has it ever occurred to me to make a guava marinade.




Ingredients
2 salmon steaks
1/4 red onions chopped
1 tsp garlic
1 lime
1 tbs vegetable oil
1/2 cup water

For Marinade
8 oz guava jelly
5 tbs lime juice
1 tbs kosher salt
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
2 tsp fresh minced ginger

Preparation

  • Rinse salmon under cool running water. Place in a bowl and squeeze the juice of 1 lime over salmon. Rinse again under cool running water, remove and pat dry with single use paper towel. Place in a deep container
  • Combine all ingredients for marinade in a bowl and whisk well. Pour marinade over salmon and let sit for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
  • Heat oil in a pan and sautes garlic and onions
  • Sear salmon for 4 minutes on both sides
  • Pour over salmon in the pan, add water, lower heat and let simmer for 12 minutes. 
  • Your salmon is cooked when the layers flake apart easily.
Serve hot and enjoy!!


I'm so full!!!

Comments

  1. My poor poor child. Did;nt your mama teach you,
    Confess your sins to no man.
    Right about now GEEST INDUSTRIES of DOMINICA might be contacting the POPO on your behalf for theft of their Guava, mango,Banana,Fatpoke and other stuff.
    Anyway, In your Defence, this things were put on the Nature Island of Dominica for us to enjoy; because all the money that was made on the Island was sent to the Gracious Queen of England (:). Case closed.
    Until then, enjoy your Guava syrup, make more recipes and keep your memories alive.
    Much love. Mama.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment